Scroll

$50.00

The moose jaw electric railway company

In 1910, this privately owned company was organized in Ottawa with shareholders in almost every part of Canada, England and France.  The total investment was three quarters of a million dollars.

From its inaugural run on August 19, 1911 to the last run on October 8, 1932; the streetcars of the Moose Jaw Electric Railway Co. carried over 35,000,000 paid passengers.

Guided by superintendents A.II. Dion, II. A. McLean and in the latter years, George Connor; the company not only provided transportation the citizens of Moose Jaw, but also built and operated an amusement park and dance pavilion in Kingsway Park on the south edge of the city.

– Bill & Ann Heselton

 

Available as:
495 S/N Limited Edition Print $50.00 each
Image Size: H 12″ x W 18″
Framed beginning at $175.00 each

Please email us your inquiry or call the Gallery 1(306)693-7600 for more information.

Send an Inquiry

The selection and price of each piece can vary as they are ever-changing.

Please call (306) 693-7600 or text (306) 527-7257 for a virtual catalogue of current options and availability.

Description

This is the second in a series of “From the Past of Moose Jaw”.

This painting was created using photographs from the collection of Bill & Ann Heselton.  The photos used were courtesy of the Moose Jaw Public Library Archives and Pat & Georgina James.

Close chat
Ask our team